- Be alert to suspicious activity and report it immediately by dialing 911. Inform the Watch Captain and nearby neighbors of the occurrence.
- Attend neighborhood meetings.
- Talk to your children about Neighborhood Watch.
- Secure your home and personal property.
- Make your home look occupied.
- Use exterior lighting during the evening and light timers throughout the day.
- Participate in Operation Identification.
- Keep garage doors closed and remove personal items from vehicle.
- Keep vehicles locked.
- Have a neighbor pick up your newspaper when you are away and ask them to park in your driveway overnight.
- Tell a neighbor and the block coordinator if you plan to be away so that special attention can be given to your home.
Neighborhood Watch Members
Question of the Day
Can I drink alcohol while walking down a City street in Salinas?
No, it is illegal to drink any beverage that contains alcohol while on public property. The Salinas Municipal Code Section (21-2) states that, "No person shall drink any beer, wine or other intoxicating beverage on any public street, sidewalk, alley, highway, plaza parkway, parking lot, airport terminal, or bus or train depot in the City...